Pages

29.10.12

Flamingo

Monday, March 12th.
Today we started off by walking/biking to Oak Creek. My parents and my youngest sibling were walking. The rest of us were biking. About a quarter way down, I traded with Mom. She biked. Aka, walked the bike. We had to go uphill instead of riding the bikes. The bikes were being carried. Once we arrived at a sign that clearly stated they didn't want bikes on the trail, we had a problem. We decided that the weaklings, my Dad, older brother and the second youngest brother would go the easy way back on the bikes. My youngest brother, Mom and me carried on. The terrain was quite steep in some places and we had to help Ellis.
When my Mom wanted to take photos of us Ellis would become a flamingo. We had to ration out what was left of the water. When Ellis was tired he would ride his "pony." Eventually, after walking 5 miles we arrived at the car. We returned to the hotel then went for a drive. The drive was supposed to be "scenic." Depends on your point of view. No pun intended. On our way to an undisclosed restaurant a battle erupted in the car. Where should we eat? I was all for a Mexican restaurant a teacher-friend of Mom's recommended. Elliott wanted a Ribs restaurant that the same friend had also recommended. The younger ones wanted a very cultural restaurant: The Golden Arches. We decided against the Ribs. So, Elliott wanted Subway. Another cultural restaurant. We decided to go Mexican. In the US. The food was delicious.

Ethan

No comments:

Post a Comment