Pages

1.12.12

More driving

Saturday, March 10th:
More driving. Did I mention this was a road trip? Reading. Then their dad makes them watch a movie: The Sound of Music. Groans in the car. No one wants to watch it. Husband chose it because it is a classic AND (he leans over and whispers to me) "it is three hours long." I begin to sing "Doh, a deer, a female deer..." There is loud wailing and nashing of teeth in the back of the car. My vocal talents are under appreciated. They turn the movie on. The car is blessedly quiet. The thirteen hours are long. We make it to a motel outside Bakersfield. They have warning signs about valuables and a security guard roving the premises. I mutter something unappreciative to my husband. We wonder if the three mountain bikes on the back of the van will be there in the morning. He promises the next one will be nicer. I am grateful not to be in a tent.
By Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment